Join our team!
Are you a self-motivated, highly-adaptable specialty coffee lover? Wanna join our team of coffee professionals?
Click the regions below to see if we are hiring in your neck of the woods. If you don't see anything, it simply means we don't have a current opportunity posted, but you are always welcome to reach out and let us know you are keen to join our team.
Sucafina Specialty EMEA is a specialty coffee importer based in the center of Antwerp. We source distinctive coffees from all over the world, which we supply to medium size and micro-roasters all over Europe and the Middle East.
Behind Sucafina Specialty is a dynamic and driven team with a professional mindset. We go to great lengths to meet the needs of our customers, and are singularly focused on finding the right coffee for every roaster.
Sucafina Specialty is currently looking for coffee obsessed people to join our sales team.
In this position, you will be part of the sales team in our Antwerp office, working to grow sales volume with existing and new clients. Ideally, you’ll have been in the industry for at least a couple years, but we are open to candidates with backgrounds in wine, wholesale food and beverage, or even the odd traveler who fell in love with coffee years ago while backpacking through Central America.
For this job, you’ll need excellent organizational skills and a dynamic mindset. You are good at prioritizing and time-management, and building relationships with clients across diverse geographies and cultures. Working under time pressure poses no problem for you. Since communication with colleagues in the office and with clients is mostly in English, you will need a good level of English (A1). Proficiency in additional European languages is highly desired, with preference given to native Czech / Slovak / Polish / German speakers. But if you’re great and only speak English, that might be okay too!
- Prospecting for new clients, and guiding potential customers through the range of coffees that we offer
- Performing all required administration relating to client interactions, contracts and logistics for assigned clients
- Selling coffee!
- Basic understanding of green coffee supply chains
- A fundamental desire to continuously learn
- Basic quantitative ability – you aren’t scared of Excel, and actually sort of like it!
- Q grader qualification preferred
- Business-level English required
- Team players only – we need no rock stars here
- A fun working environment in a fast-growing company
- A supportive and collegial team
- Unique insights into the coffee world
- Potential for international growth within the group
- Competitive remuneration
- All the coffee you can drink (and then some)
Send a copy of your CV to helloEU@sucafina.com. If you’d like to include a motivation letter, fine – but we’d also love for you to get creative and convince us in whichever way you feel comfortable about why you are the right person for this job!
Our North American team is looking for a motivated, enthusiastic coffee lover to join our Quality Control (QC) team, based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
The QC Lab Assistant role will contribute to Sucafina’s vision by ensuring the quality, accuracy, and timeliness for each shipment of coffee by coordinating green coffee samples. The Lab Assistant position is responsible for supporting green coffee sales by managing the daily flow of green coffee samples in the lab.
- Sample coordination: Work with QC, trade, and traffic teams to coordinate the inbound and outbound flow of green coffee samples.
- Lab maintenance: Work with QC to maintain the organization and cleanliness of the Fort Lauderdale Cupping Lab.
- Sales support: Work with traders, roasters, and QC to support specialty green coffee sales.
- Outbound Sample Fulfillment:
- Send outbound offer samples to roasters within 24 hours of request
- Maintain storage and organization for Specialty Spot offer samples and PSS, Offer, Type, Commercial Arrival samples
- Generate sample labels (PSS, Origin Offer, Spot Offer, Arrival)
- Prepare sample shipments
- Sample Roasting:
- Roast daily sample allotment according to SCA Sample Roasting specifications
- Cupping Support:
- Set up and break down daily cuppings according to SCA protocol and QC lab specifications
- Lab maintenance:
- Maintain the equipment and cleanliness of the cupping lab
- Other QC tasks upon request from traders and managers
Weekly to monthly responsibilities:
- Assist with public cuppings and lab events
- Assist with private cuppings for roasters
Projects and professional development:
- Opportunity to calibrate and contribute to daily cupping scores in the near or long-term depending on experience
Qualifications and Skills:
The ideal candidate will be: 1) hard-working, curious, creative problem-solver, able to learn, and comfortable working independently; 2) able to manage a fast-paced work environment; and 3) have excellent customer service skills.
Ideal qualifications include:
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Knowledge of specialty and/or commercial coffee
- Strong written and verbal communicator
- 3 to 5 years of coffee industry or related experience preferred
- Q-grader, SCA taster’s pathway, Exchange grader, COE judge and other professional coffee sensory credentials not required, but a huge plus!
Sucafina Specialty will hire for values and train for skills. Our company values are: passion, expertise, humility, entrepreneurship, integrity, and adaptability.
Compensation: Benefits Package, Salary negotiable depending on experience & qualifications.
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume as PDF attachments to Susan Wilcox with “QC Assistant Application” in the subject line.