Join our team!
Are you a self-motivated, highly-adaptable specialty coffee lover? Wanna join our team of coffee professionals?
Click the regions below to see if we are hiring in your neck of the woods. If you don't see anything, it simply means we don't have a current opportunity posted, but you are always welcome to reach out and let us know you are keen to join our team.
We're looking for a motivated, enthusiastic coffee lover to join our Quality Control (QC) team, based in Sydney, Australia.
The QC and Admin Support role will contribute to Sucafina’s vision by ensuring the quality, accuracy, and timeliness for each shipment of coffee by coordinating green coffee samples. The Lab Assistant position is responsible for supporting green coffee sales by managing the daily flow of green coffee samples in the lab. You'll also be providing crucial Admin support for our Australian trade team.
- A fun working environment in a fast-growing company
- A supportive and collegial team
- A competitive remuneration
- Free coffee around the clock
- Sample coordination: Work with QC, trade, and traffic teams to coordinate the inbound and outbound flow of green coffee samples.
- Lab maintenance: Work with QC to maintain the organization and cleanliness of our Sydney, AU Cupping Lab.
- Sales support: Work with traders, roasters, and QC to support specialty green coffee sales.
- Other admin support as needed: including office procurements, client outreach, assitance with documentation follow-up, etc.
- Outbound Sample Fulfillment:
- Send outbound offer samples to roasters within 24 hours of request
- Maintain storage and organization for Spot offer samples and PSS, Offer, Type, Commercial Arrival samples
- Generate sample labels (PSS, Origin Offer, Spot Offer, Arrival)
- Sample Roasting:
- Roast daily sample allotment according to SCA Sample Roasting specifications
- Cupping Support:
- Set up and break down daily cuppings according to SCA protocol and QC lab specifications
- Lab maintenance:
- Maintain the equipment and cleanliness of the cupping lab
- Other QC tasks upon request from traders and managers
Weekly to monthly responsibilities:
- Assist with public cuppings and lab events
- Assist with private cuppings for roasters
- Admin and procurement support for the AU trade team
Projects and professional development:
- Opportunity to calibrate and contribute to daily cupping scores in the near or long-term depending on experience
Qualifications and Skills:
The ideal candidate will be: 1) hard-working, curious, creative problem-solver, able to learn, and comfortable working independently; 2) able to manage a fast-paced work environment; 3) highly organized; and 4) have excellent customer service skills.
Ideal qualifications include:
- Native/Fluent in English; additional languages a plus
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Knowledge of specialty and/or commercial coffee
- Strong written and verbal communicator
- 3 to 5 years of coffee industry or related experience preferred
- Q-grader, SCA taster’s pathway, Exchange grader, COE judge and other professional coffee sensory credentials not required, but a huge plus!
Sucafina Specialty will hire for values and train for skills. Our company values are: passion, expertise, humility, entrepreneurship, integrity, and adaptability.
Compensation: Salary negotiable depending on experience & qualifications.
To Apply: Email cover letter and CV as PDF attachments to Tran Nguyen with “QC & Amin Support Application” in the subject line.