Summary of the Role:
Responsible for analyzing all export grades and qualities.
- Analysis i.e. Grading and cupping of production;
- Preparing samples, cupping sessions for all export coffees from Ugacof and export grades locally purchased and third party contracts;
- Preparing documents and samples for UCDA Inspection;
- Preparation of offer samples to buyers and proper storage of samples ;
- Arranging and managing laboratory and its equipment
- Perform any tasks requested from management.
Bachelor’s degree in Science or any related field;
Coffee /certification (coffee Cupping certificate) is a major asset
Q or R Grader.
Qualifications and Experience needed:
- Skilled in coffee cupping;
- Leadership skills;
- Capable of using computer Packages, word, excel, & PowerPoint
- Communication skills;
- Very Good analytical skills;
- Ability to pay attention to details;
- Interpersonal, team working & communication skills;
- 3-4 years in the commodity industry;
- Experience in a coffee company is a plus.
Strong command of verbal and written English; Knowledge of French is a strong advantage.