Bucafe is Hiring – Project Manager | Burundi
Bujumbura | Burundi
Summary of the role
The Project Manager will support the Sucafina Country Manager to design and deploy innovative business development strategies with farmers as part of the group’s Farmer Hub initiative.
The Project Manager will play a decisive role in strategy, business development, and stakeholder relations, as well as being an integrated part of the leadership team.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Analyze and assess farmer needs;
- Formulate strategies to develop new and sustainable business lines with the company’s existing farmer base;
- Ensure that there is a positive financial and “quality of life” gain attached to each project, with clear metrics to measure the impact on value chain partners;
- Identify all the relevant capabilities that will make each business a success;
- Ensure that there are a clear business plan and roadmap for each project;
- Identify and coordinate the actions of key stakeholders;
- Be an active part of each project team during initial implementation;
- Continuously evaluate and refine business processes leading to improved optimization of resources and assets;
- Support the Managing Director and Leadership team on preparation of high-level strategic documents and materials for key internal and external meetings.
Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or other relevant fields.
- At least five years’ relevant project management and delivery experience, including development, implementation, operations, maintenance, and support activities, within a relevant field (e.g., Access to Finance, New Business Development, Farmer Outreach, Mobile-Payments);
- Experience of developing organization-level strategies and business cases for investment;
- Experience of living and working in sub-Saharan Africa (East Africa experience preferred);
- Experience of leading and managing multicultural teams, preferably some experience with managing remotely (e.g. field-based teams);
- Strong market orientation, entrepreneurial and innovative thinker;
- Proven communication, presentation, and writing skills;
- Proven ability to work independently, delivering high-quality results;
- Previous successful experience mentoring and building the capacity of staff.
- Analysis, Research, Writing, and Oral communication;
- Decision making/Problem Solving;
- Stakeholder Partnership Management;
- Innovative Mindset.
Languages & Computer Literacy
- High proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel;
- Strong command of verbal and written English and French.
The role requires frequent domestic travel and immersion with field teams and farming communities and occasional international travel.