Bugestal is Hiring – General Manager | Burundi
Ngozi | Burundi
Summary of the role
The General Manager will assure the overall management of the Company.
This position requires playing a decisive role in strategy, business development, and stakeholder relations, as well as being in charge of the leadership team.
The role requires frequent domestic travel and immersion with field teams and farming communities and occasional international travel.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Support the Country Manager in implementing the strategic plan for the operation in charge;
- Oversee the day to day operations in adherence to the set strategy;
- Follow-up on pre-set business objectives achievements;
- Set business objectives for team members and follow-on achievements;
- Efficiently coach staff and manage customers and other resources to enhance the profitability of the operation;
- Make sure business processes are well implemented;
- Implement health and safety policies and procedures as per plan;
- Produce periodic and ad-hoc reports as per business needs;
- Support in setting the budget and closely monitor the operating and financial results against plans and budgets;
- Build great business relationships, cooperate with colleagues in the same operation and other operations;
- Maintain existing and build new specialty clients’ relationships;
- Support in developing and implementing marketing strategies;
- Support quality team in maximizing value through lots cupping/blending/milling
- Follow up milling, preparation, and export of all coffee lots with particular attention to specialty lots;
- Support and promote sustainability initiatives;
- Continuously evaluate and refine business processes leading to improved optimization of resources and assets;
- Use existing company data to generate insights on business operations and pain points;
- Prepare high-level strategic documents and materials for key internal and external meetings;
- Ensure the application of the Management Agreement set up between the Company and a partner Company and oversee the whole business of the latter;
- Supervise the implementation of the “Farmer Hub” initiative in Burundi;
- Take other related assignments as requested by management.
Bachelor´s degree in Business Administration, Management, Economics, Finance, Agri-business, Agricultural Engineering or other relevant fields.
- At least three years’ relevant project management and delivery experience, including development, implementation, operations, maintenance, and support activities, within a relevant field;
- Experience of living and working in sub-Saharan Africa or developing countries (East Africa experience preferred);
- Experience of leading and managing multicultural teams, preferably some experience with managing remotely (e.g. field-based teams).
- Analysis, Research, Writing, and Oral communication;
- Decision making / Problem Solving;
- Stakeholder Partnership Management;
- Innovative Mindset;
- Strong discipline, work ethic and well organized;
- Empathy, emotional and cultural intelligence;
- Adaptable, strong stress management.
Languages & Computer Literacy
- Strong command of verbal and written English and French;
- High proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel.