Crop Survey Officer
- Structure and analyze all relevant national coffee supply & demand data;
- Conduct fieldwork through crop surveys and regular farm visits;
- Collect all production-related information including yields, acreages, costs of production, pests and disease levels;
- Structure, consolidate and analyze all relevant crop survey data;
- Provide sound analysis and ensure efficient and timely communication with analysts;
- Coffee weather monitoring and forecasting;
- Ensure close stakeholder linkage and feedback;
- Perform other related tasks requested by management.
Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agronomy or Economy.
- At least 2 years’ in the commodity industry;
- International exposure is a plus.
- Articulate research findings from fundamental market analysis;
- Support overall research functions with market data and insights;
- Knowledge of agronomic practices and techniques;
- Proactive in driving processes and tasks to achieve results;
- Able to work in a multicultural environment;
- Open-minded with a positive attitude towards change;
- Ability to work under stress and respond to tight deadlines;
- Understanding of commodity crop cycles and the key drivers of production;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to explain agronomic findings to a lay audience.
- Excellent English + Language of the area of operation.